Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nobody's Nigger

After reading I Am Nobody’s Nigger written by Dean Atta I realized many things. Many people tend to use the word “Nigger” like it’s nothing. At first I thought the word nigger was meant to be heard when one colored person is talking to another colored person. However it is not even though now a days every one is saying it. Artist are singing it like it’s just a word. After I finished reading this I noticed not every one appreciates when artist use the word “Nigger”. To many people is more than just a word. It has a strong meaning and it is not meant to be said that word like it’s nothing. The word “Nigger” was said every time a black person was hung out of a tree. This reading gave me the real definition of “Nigger”. Even when famous rappers put it out there; people should not say it. First learn the definition of a word, and what it means to others. The word “Nigger” to many people out there means “friend, homie, bro”. That’s why is commonly used. I think People are afraid to tell each other they love each other. That’s why they use the word “Nigger”. I was never a fan of that word therefore I never use it. However to the people that do, you guys should take a good look at that word before you use it because it is making many people out there angry, and it can cause a serious damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment